Although our existing school buildings date from only the 1970's, the original 'Godwin Road School' was founded on 1st October 1883. There was an entrance for junior boys in Cranmer Road. The Godwin Road entrance was shared by girls and infants - this entrance has been reinstated now that the school expansion programme has been completed.
Kelly's Street Directory for 1886 shows the following information about Godwin Road School:
Master: Henry Herbert
Mistress: Alice Gwynn
Infant Teacher: Mary Ann Cocks